Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Now it feels like I'm on Fire...

Ok, so its been a good while...Thanks to Andrew http://nothingsentimental.blogspot.com/ I'm going to try to blog more often.

The leaves make papery noises and I walked a dog. Nightime in the park with arms around my waist. Streetlights blind me from accross the street, I stand in a haze of post coitus bliss.

The look on my face was likely one which belied how long it has been since I have felt like this. A mix of satisfaction with a hint of something screaming at me to keep my distance.

He says pace is the trick, and I believe that "trick" is the operative word. I hear the clicking of my heels most days now, and walk like the woman I am growing into.

Mornings of overdressing for the heat of the afternoon. And butterflies at the end of the day. I am ready to take on a new position, and know that it is time for massive change. The doors of the house stick with the highs and lows, making coming home a different experience each time.

My calendar has x's on it, counting down the days to performances and responsibilities. I have a mountain of unwashed laundry but a skip in my step anyways.

The fire of determination is in my blood today and I intend to win over those who have much to offer me, and I them. It would be a match, and I am ready to commit. Put that ring on, I'm coming home.

No comments: